View Single Post
Old 01-13-2024, 07:01 PM   #66
68Gold/white

Re: Previous owner '68

Quote:
Originally Posted by raggedjim View Post
Thanks, the shop was something I saved money for for the last 25 years and finally built now that I'm almost too old to enjoy it! I've always had a low tolerance for debt, but the truth is IF I had borrowed money to build it 25 years ago I would have it paid for by now and would have been using it for the last 25 years... It's a bitter pill to swallow!

As far as plans, I have a general idea what I'm trying to achieve but I don't really try to plan everything in advance. The guidelines are mostly a clean, lowered, dependable truck. It will not be a show truck, but hopefully someone will see it and smile. I will be using an early 350 and automatic transmission. I am trying to rebuild as much as I can, part of me having projects is so I can learn and do. I also need to use up some of the years of accumulated truck parts I have somehow acquired over the years! So, in summary, 505 green, low, 350/350.

I'm still in agreement with your plans!!! It doesn't need to be fancy!!! Folks will be thrilled with seeing your old ride, just because of what it is!!!

I have a 67 and 68, both LWB's. I plan to get the 67 going first, nothing fancy. It will have 71/72 disc brakes (68 will also, when that day comes). I'm planning on manual disc brakes on both, just like the 71 and 72's had.
68Gold/white is offline   Reply With Quote