Thread: 47-55.1 V8 Swap
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2024, 02:46 PM   #18
dsraven

Re: V8 Swap

on a task force frame I did the whole frame with boxing, front to rear. for a support for the trans cross member i used a length of 3/16 flat bar welded to the frame rail and the square tube cross member has a matching flat bar flange on the ends that allowed it so merely sit on the frame flat bar on each side. I left it long so that if the trans changed and needed a different spot for the cross member to fit it had lots of room. the square tube cross member was simply bent so it had a low spot under the trans and it had a piece of formed sheet metal welded on that allowed the trans mount to fit on top and be accessible to allow the auto trans oil pan removal. it was actually built a bit low so the trans mount could be shimmed up if needed to get the driveline angle dialed in. this allowed exhaust pipes etc to be run without interference. for engine mounts I used camaro clamshell style mounts bolted to the engine and made some frame mounts that bolted to the frame and also to the engine mount through bolt. that way the frame pieces could be unbolted completely for easy engine install and removal and also maintenance situations.
dsraven is offline   Reply With Quote