View Single Post
Old 02-08-2013, 03:40 PM   #11
rs74

Re: Project Snowball- Slow build

Just a little update. I made a mistake when adding my price for the lowering kit. The spindle and spring prices were for a pair and not single pieces so that brought dropping the truck back into play. That will save me about $500. Also priced all new MOOG ball joints and steering components as well.

Still not sure if I am going to do all that before or after painting. I got a price from my body guy today to put all new inner and outer rockers both cab corners and fix a spot on my bed plus put it all in primer for about $1000. He also said that if I wasn't going to get it painted real soon that he would put some sealer over the primer until I was ready. I also found a set of new ceramic coated Flowtech headers for $75. Does anyone know if they are a decent header. Never been put on a truck.

I am putting the brakes back on today so I can atleast use my work area for anything else that may arise. I have one of my other vehicles up for sale locally and am waiting for it to sell before moving forward to much more. Right now I can either have the body work done and maybe have the frame blasted and painted. The second option is go ahead and get the lowering kit and steering components, install, have my heads redone and may buy my WV vette rims. So those are the two options that I have right now just not sure which way I should go right now. After the other vehicle sell then that makes things a little easier.

1987 R10 shortie
rs74 is offline   Reply With Quote