View Single Post
Old 11-10-2020, 10:17 PM   #143
theastronaut

Re: 1966 F100 Short Bed Styleside Metal/Body/Paint Work

Quote:
Originally Posted by duallyjams View Post
english wheel, planishing hammer, lathe, may need a shop tour.
Here's the quick version until I have time to make a shop tour vid

https://www.harborfreight.com/catalo...tools/id/2159/

There's nothing too special; we have a HF english wheel and planishing hammer, a small shrinker/stretcher set from Eastwood, 4' brake, Millermatic 135, Mittler Bros 24" bead roller, and the Atlas/Craftsman lathe. Currently looking for a heavier box/pan 4' brake, 4' stomp shear, and a Burke/Powermatic Millrite milling machine. Haven't got the new/old bandsaw or Pullmax up and running yet, the VFD I want to use is out of stock and that side of the shop has to be rewired for 220v. Hope to have those up and going by the end of the year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ChevyRedneck View Post
We need to add a "GIF" thingy to the forum. This thread totally needs an old school Waynes World "We're not worthy" GIF.

Great work as always!
Thanks Jesse!

I finished up the dash layout today. The second pic shows how welding close to the edges makes the distortion more prevalant, third pic is after planishing to stretch out the weld zone.

Old vs new layout. The ignition switch was moved from beside the cluster to under it, and the headlight and wiper switches were moved over to make room for it. One original hole on the left side was deleted. The right side was shaved and three 9/32 holes were added for the A/C controls. The spacing was modified from stock to more evenly fill out the panel and better match side to side.

theastronaut is offline   Reply With Quote