Thread: MAR-K rant
View Single Post
Old 03-09-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
PanelDeland
I am a Referee of life.

Re: MAR-K rant

OK. My take on this may be a bit different.I think that a company that sells something used "mostly"for hobby reasons should realize that their customers work.So if they choose to be in that business they should be aware of that and set up hours to be available.Can you imagine a hobby store only open 8:00-5:00 M-F.Do you think it would sell many remote controlled planes,cars or electric train acessories?Customers are the only reason a business can exist.If you're in business you have to meet the customers needs and sometimes that means being open when they can come to do business with you.To run a sucessful business you need to know about your customer base.Obviously their customers are hobbyist's and pro shops.I doubt pro shops do enough business with them to make the tooling for the bed profitable unless the hobbyists also buy from them.Having worked in companies that did need to serve customers on weekends I understand wanting to be off but it's not worth it if it causes the company to go under.

Just my thought on it.There may be a hundred or so customers that haven't bought a new bed since they couldn't afford it and the shipping.
I have also had to work every other Saturday or one a month to work for a business because of this.
Barrett-Jackson has perfected alchemy,they make rust into gold!
"You can lead a horse to water but you can't saddle a duck"
"Cleverly disguised as a 'Responsible Adult'
"Sometimes your Knight in shining armor is just a retard in tinfoil"

Last edited by PanelDeland; 03-09-2007 at 07:09 PM.
PanelDeland is offline   Reply With Quote