View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 11:38 AM   #167
OutlawDrifter

Re: Francis the Tow Pig - 1949 GMC 250 Dually

Alright boys and girls. It's running...have some minor issues to deal with, it's either coil wiring or plug wires. It's stupid low, I'm going to have to put the stock spindles back on. With all the weight on the truck it is 4" off the ground at the back of the front fender...this thing is in the weeds! Scraped coming out of the shop. Sounds amazing with the true dual exhaust and the "Smitty's"(Smithy's Mufflers). I still have to wire and install the tail lights, bit of a problem, the guy that cut the bed pieces out for me cut 4" holes for my 4" lights...that no worky. I even gave him the grommet to test fit, and it's not a hidden fact that it takes a 4.5" hole. He told me he had done this before...sigh. So now I have to free hand a 1/4" line around the hole...6 times.

Truck is getting aligned today, hope to get it tagged by Friday...that's still a maybe. Switched all of the lights over to 12v. The only one that works is the center cab light. I'm thinking I have ground issues on the other 4 lights. Do these ground through where they mount to the body? I know they have power going to them, so it's got to be a ground issue.

Have some help showing up Friday evening, might try and tackle the spindle situation...maybe, maybe not. Bed might get painted instead. Who knows, so many possibilities.

Bittersweet day, truck is almost completed and it would have been my dad's 73rd birthday. We lost him a year ago 10/17.

Instagram @aceshighspeedshop
OutlawDrifter is offline   Reply With Quote