View Single Post
Old 12-06-2017, 01:51 PM   #23
evanhall19

Re: 1971 5.3/4L60E first time swap

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec010974 View Post
Lol. This is a cool thread. I like to see newbies take the LSx plunge. Your truck is going to fly with the new power plant. Post vid when you start it up. I didn't understand your CAD drawing but you can modify you stock c10 sending unit to accept a in-tank fuel pump. For start up, the external tank is a great Idea. Just to check out the engine, you can use the stock exhaust. For filters, what type of fuel rails are you using? You may not need those filters. And lastly, for an ignition power source, if you have one, use a test light to find out which wires are hot. You can check them at the bulk head. I always check my power sources because I don't want any unknown wires floating around in my engine bay. I've had a few electrical mishaps trying to figure this LSx stuff out. Good luck. I'll be following this thread. If you have questions ask away. It seems you are well on your way.
Its not technically my first plunge lol. (This is just a whole new can of worms to mess with) Did ls1 swap to my bird about 4 years ago was not gonna miss a chance to film her first start! Ive actually got all the useless wires removed from the engine bay and labeled each wire as i removed them

Fun fact- 5.3 bored .02 over, scat rods, brian tooley stage one cam, upgraded rockers
Attached Images

1971 C10 / 5.3 / 4L60E swap

My Project: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...31#post8089031
evanhall19 is offline   Reply With Quote