View Single Post
Old 04-22-2018, 11:01 PM   #114
ryans69chevy

Re: Fashionable Fever! - 1969 Chevy C10 Build

Worked on grinding the welds down and then switching to flap disc. Put a quartz light in the cab to find the pinholes. Went through and welded hopefully all of them. Got too late for grinding outside - don't want to get called in by any neighbors! I'm sure they are already annoyed by all the noise I make. :/

Hopefully tomorrow I can get it all cleaned up and move on. I'm debating on whether to take the outer roof shell off or not... I've been contemplating that for a few days now. I guess I should have taken a pic of the rust, but what I've seen on other builds is about the same amount of rust in roughly the same spot which is on the inner roof panel close to the windshield on the passenger side. Not sure what GM did/didn't do to cause this, but it appears like it's another common area for our generation.

The reason I'm trying to decide on taking the outer shell off or not is I'm a bit nervous on what else is going to rust if I don't. I'm already this far into the cab why not? I'm just not 100% sure how it comes off yet and how hard it's going to be to put back without warping (not sure if a lot of welding is required). I realize they make a patch panel for the area that is showing rust which I will probably get.

If any of you have taken the outer roof shell off would you recommend it? Did you find more potential rust spots? I'm sure you guys just primed it and re-spot welded it back on. Is there any other advice?
Attached Images

ryans69chevy is offline   Reply With Quote