View Single Post
Old 09-23-2018, 07:52 AM   #4
special-K
Special Order

Re: LMC Black mirrors rusted

That's really sad to see. So the heads didn't rust out but they surface rusted? Sounds like the plating was so poor it did no better than leaving them bare raw steel. What other LMC offerings are sub-standard? Seems to be quite a bit of things by just the more recent posts. I have had no experience with LMC since '04 when I realized they rip you off on shipping by going with purchase price and not size and weight, which is how those who deliver the items charge.... which for LMC is a mere fraction of what you or I would pay. I think the last part I bought was small and expensive. Left me wondering what they made more off of, the part or shipping. The steering wheel I bought in '01 got a big split at 12 o'clock about 4 years after installing it. And, the seat cover I bought at the same time was of such cheap material and fit so poorly my upholstery guy (since the '70s) had to modify it, spend extra time, and still ended up with such a poor job he wouldn't charge me. He said get a quality cover and come back.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote