Thread: 55 in NH build
View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 03:07 PM   #90
my56chevytruck

Re: 55 in NH build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_C View Post
Thanks Guys I'm hoping to finish the firewall this week and then start into the engine. I got most of the passenger side done. I'm going to move the section of wiring down into the recess behind the motor. On the drivers side I think I'm going to fill a couple more of the larger holes but I don't know where to run the 3 bundles on the far upper right. they are the headlight harness along with the highbeam/lowbeam switch.

For the people that have cleaned up your firewall where did you run the wires? The tough thing about looking at pictures of clean firewalls is that all the wiring is hidden LOL. I didn't know if people run them outside the wheel well or along the frame rail? Let me know
Kevin,
I wanted to hide the wiring as much as I could, so if you look at the inner fender on the psgr. side you'll see the 2 recessed grooves in it. At the top of the inner fender (on the driver's side) on the lower recessed groove you can see how it is open connecting at the firewall. On the drivers side, I ran my headlight, turn signal and horn wiring out thru the firewall, and I ran the wiring thru the inside of the groove and put sheet metal over the top of it, welded in and painted it.
Attached Images

Last edited by my56chevytruck; 03-13-2020 at 03:15 PM.
my56chevytruck is offline   Reply With Quote