View Single Post
Old 09-19-2012, 12:31 PM   #195
68Stepbed

Re: Project: LS1ick68

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunk99 View Post
Very nice work, I checked your truck out this past weekend at RTTH and was really impressed with how neat and clean it was.I just purchased a 5.3 yesterday for my 69
suburban and hope to install it before next spring. I live in Knoxville so not too far from you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! Did we talk any? I talked to a couple members there. I'm in Knoxville alot. PM me your contact info and we can meet up sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BustedTruck View Post
I seen you driving the strip this past weekend. Gorgeous truck. Wish I could have seen it run. How did you do compared to the other trucks?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks to you, as well. It was an absolute blast autocrossing! I didn't fare very well compared to the other trucks. But they all had better suspension setups and better brakes. I know what I need to upgrade next. Also, since I've not been able to get the rearend done yet, the tall 3.07 gears and modified Gov-lock weren't helping me any.

Basically, I need the right rear gears, bigger brakes, a few suspension mods, a better restraint system, and most of all, the driver mod. This is only the second time ever autocrossing and the first time on a long, fast course, so my experience is VERY limited. Next year, I hope to get in on the school on Friday. Those that were able to get in on the school said it helped alot.

68 C10 stepside, LS1/700R4, TCI Engineering suspension system
68Stepbed is offline   Reply With Quote