View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 12:38 AM   #56
chevy.c10

Re: Saddle up 66 c10

Quote:
Originally Posted by 62jimmy View Post
Repairs are looking good! I am considering going with KBS Coatings on my frame etc also. Did you just use the Rustseal Product? Did you use their etching solution before applying it?
Keep up the good work and keep the pictures coming!
Yep, I bought the large frame coater kit which includes three products to be used in 3 differents stages first you use the KBS Klean (Cleaner/Degreaser) apply to the surface generously and keep it wet for approximately 10 minutes and be sure to rinse it off with water, second stage is called Rustblast which is a phosphoric acid I believe which is similar to many other products that eat rust and leave a zinc coating over the substrate, you apply this anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours I believe depending on how bad the rust is, also DO NOT let this stuff dry on there and don't forget to rinse it off when your done, then you should be able to apply the rustseal anytime you have time within a certain time period, about 30 days if I remember correctly. Make sure to be in appropriate temperature conditions and follow the directions to a "T" for best results. Any more questions just ask, I would recommend KBS to anyone.
chevy.c10 is offline   Reply With Quote