View Single Post
Old 06-22-2018, 10:41 PM   #2534
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason7121 View Post
On my Ls swap I wired a check engine light and mounted it on gauge cluster bezel. Ecm provides ground when a fault is detected and other wire is 12v ignition feed. Hope that helps people that were curious.
Hey Jason, that certainly seems more logical than switching between ground and 12V. I ordered the CEL from your link. The description didn't say whether it was LED or incandescent, but if it worked for you it's worth a try.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hart_Rod View Post
I had an issue with the CEL on my Dakota Digital gauges. The light wouldn't work correctly until I wired in an incandescent bulb parallel with that circuit.
Interesting tip, Rob. LED bulbs and SMD's don't always play nice with conventional components like turn signal flashers, so changing the load may be a solution. When I get the wiring and relay box exposed to fix the starter wire problem, I'll do a test to see if something like that makes a difference.

Got the Continental Elite/Gatorback serpentine belt installed today and it's quiet as a church mouse. Don't know how long it will stay that way, but it was great to hear nothing other than exhaust noise. Now I can remove the alternator and send it back to the manufacturer to have the regulator replaced and then dyno tested. Hope to find some time to get the bed back on this weekend. We finally had to put my dad in a skilled care facility. It's a hundred miles from here and we've been back and forth nearly every day getting him set up. The place is in his hometown, so he's been pretty upbeat since moving in. Truck stuff has had to take a backseat, though.
Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote