View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 02:25 PM   #2535
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

The bed is back on, although I'm still doing some adjustments. Found out that with the Accuair in the lowest position, the driveshaft just barely kisses the bottom of the air tank. So if you moved forward, it squealed a little bit. So I spaced the tank up .400" while the bed was off and now the top of the tank just barely touches the underside of the bed. To remedy the situation, I installed the 1/4" thick, square rubber insulators between the frame and the cross sills. I'm still figuring out how snug the fasteners need to be for it all to sit just right. Posted a photo below of the access panel in the bed. Should never have to pull the bed again for fuel tank maintenance.

To all who expressed their opinion that the carbon fiber side mirrors looked out of the place, I say thanks for being honest... and check out the replacements. These are '69 GTO/Chevelle mirrors. My second new car ever was a '69 GTO Judge and I always liked the profile of the side mirrors. The passenger side is at the limit, adjustment wise, but you have a clear view out of it. The driver side view is way better than the ones that were on there. I was able to position them to cover the existing holes, so I sealed them with a dab of silicone and it's good as new.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote