View Single Post
Old 07-09-2018, 02:14 PM   #2542
TA_C10

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

First off, nice build thread, very nice work sir. Question, I am working on my floors and rockers and cab corners and they are all loose and I will have to re-align like your doing. My question is how did you pull the rear cab posts forward when they attach to the floor pan with bolts?? Did you make new holes for the bolts in the floor pan? Come along pic reference.

Thanks,
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic1947 View Post
Hung the passenger side door and adjusted it as best possible. There was about a 5/8" gap at the back of the door that remained after numerous adjustments, shimming and etc. Mentioned the problem while I was at Scott's over the weekend and he suggested making a cardboard template of his door opening, since his doors had "paint stick" gaps when installed. Took him up on the offer and it confirmed my suspicion that the missing cab corner, etc. had allowed the rear door post to relax rearward. Decided the simplest thing to do was to install a couple of plates to allow me to draw the opening back together with a come along. Made the plates from 1/8" material which turned out to be mucho overkill, but still worked fine. As you can see from the attached photos, the opening pulled back into position and when I test fit the outer rocker panel, it was much closer than originally. I'll attempt to install the cab corner and rocker while keeping tension on the opening. Hopefully when the panels are tacked in and the tension released, the door opening will stay put. I still need to pie cut the rocker to get a good fit, but that's not a big deal. I'm sure the cab corners will require surgery also.
TA_C10 is offline   Reply With Quote