View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:43 AM   #3
71GreenJunk

Re: Anyone Done a Gen. 3 Hemi Swap on a C/10?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolle_hond View Post
Why would you swap a dodge motor into a chevy? That's just asking for extra issues. If you want modern power, just do an LS swap, as there is way more support in terms of aftermarket parts and adapters for it.
IN MY OPINION, GM hasn't been managed to build anything halfway decent since about 1987. The 5.7 Hemi and NAG1 was a treat to own and drive while I owned a Challenger R/T. I'm not really a fan of Chrysler or Daimler or Fiat but they did somehow manage to get it right with the NAG1 and gen 3 engines. BTW, my Challenger weighed more than my c/10 does. The car was just ok, engine and transmission were spectacular. In the end, engine packaging (mainly coolant inlet and outlet) and port flow on the stock 5.7 Hemi heads is the deciding factor. 330 cfm could theoretically support 626hp out of the box. A pro charger could do well with that in the future. The only real issue I can foresee is motor mounts. If no one has made adapters, I'll just build my own mounts and take the opportunity to set the engine back and down to help with weight distribution slightly. Of course that means I would need a driveshaft and new lines for the engine coolant and transmission fluid but they would be different regardless of whether it was an LS or Hemi.
Posted via Mobile Device
71GreenJunk is offline   Reply With Quote