View Single Post
Old 12-10-2018, 02:15 PM   #10
71GreenJunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
You won't get many Chevy guys here to argue a 305 is a dull unit. That's why I have never owned a single vehicle that had one and never considered using one. But there is a whole lot of good driving pleasure to be had from the other small blocks. Thousands enjoy them every day. I have enjoyed 350s most all my life. Stock to bored & stroked pounders. If I wanted more without major modification GM has just the thing... the LS engines. Here is a comparison that gives good info:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...dWfUPBm5KNdAN-

I don't see any reason to go swapping around to using power from another beast when you can have all you need within species. After looking at the non-biased video I think the LS is a better engine.
The LS is the biggest pile of garbage on earth. GM engineering after the '80s became the dullest in all of the world without a single good product leaving a GM plant to this day. Ed Cole, Charles Kettering, etc are rolling around in their graves. The only reason I'm moving away from a small block is a 400 or 377 probably won't have the low speed tractability that a Hemi would have while giving the power I want. I could easily get 500+ from a 377 or 400 but at the price of raising the power band. IIRC, a 410ci sprint car engine makes around 900hp. A 6.4 will make about 500 and can still pull from the bottom. If I still had knees that'd let me have a Muncie M21 rather than an automatic I wouldn't worry about it but with an automatic I've got to use a tight converter. If I was going to just run a loose converter and forget hauling things I'd just junk the truck and build a car.
Posted via Mobile Device
71GreenJunk is offline   Reply With Quote