View Single Post
Old 12-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #24
95 S_Trucker

Re: Anyone Done a Gen. 3 Hemi Swap on a C/10?

Those 5.7 hemis love to break valve springs and drop valves.

The only ls engines I would stay away from are 07-09 with AFM. Other than that, they are reliable.

What issues have you had with GM trucks after 87? The LS engines didn't come out in the trucks until 99.

The first year for the 6.4 truck hemi was 2014. Its gonna cost an arm and a leg to get one and then its gonna cost an arm and a leg to swap it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71GreenJunk View Post
Fact of the matter is once the pieces of garbage get 60k miles they piston slap, water pumps don't last much longer, lifter failures, defecting head castings over the course of 6 years. don't get me started on the oil pump design. the water pump design itself is horrendous. Reliable laughing my ass off. Had the misery of trying to keep a 5.3 together. Tohell with that!!!!
Posted via Mobile Device
The only trucks with lifter issues are when AFM first came out. The hemi water pumps suck. The long bolts that go through the timing cover corrode and get stuck. Half the time the timing cover gasket leaks after the water pump replacement.(because half of the water pump bolts hold the timing cover in). The cheaply painted oil pans rust out(don't have to worry about that on GM cast aluminum pans).

There is a reason people are swapping LS engines into anything they will fit in(fords, dodges, imports, etc.), they are easy to get big power, reliable, and smaller.
95 S_Trucker is offline   Reply With Quote