Thread: 47-55.1 Hazzard lights
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2024, 03:14 AM   #24
mr48chev

Re: Hazzard lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by fauXGT View Post
And it's not poor grounds or bad LEDs. They would be flakey or not work at all, even with turns.
If they work in turn and tail, they are not seeing the hazard circuit when activated. Maybe bad hazard circuit.
Normally the hazzard circuit disconnects the turn signal function.

The thing is that he needs to eliminate issues up to the connections that hook the orignal wiring to the turn signals in the after market led lights. Then he needs to understand how the total light has to be hooked up for the turn signals to function.

That it worked with what ever he had for turn lights before with a regular flasher says the wiring should be ok. That brings us to the issue either being with the flasher or how it is connected or with the lights and or how they are connected. New does not mean good, I have seen too my guys come close to loosing it on something like this and the problem was that one of the new parts was defective. I say it too often but NEVER ASSUMEm, test.

My ongoing truck projects:
48 Chev 3100 that will run a 292 Six.
71 GMC 2500 that is getting a Cad 500 transplant.
77 C 30 dualie, 454, 4 speed with a 10 foot flatbed and hoist. It does the heavy work and hauls the projects around.
mr48chev is offline   Reply With Quote