View Single Post
Old 02-28-2019, 10:42 PM   #2749
Dan in Pasadena

Re: Danny Boy is BAACK! w/ '55 Big Window

I should be picking up my truck tomorrow - fingers crossed.

The alignment seems to have improved the power steering effort - I'll see if I agree with that when I get it. While tuning and driving it the truck shut down by itself multiple times today - they think they have chased that down to a wiring issue but more test driving tomorrow to make sure. It also had the starter not engage a couple times - the starter is being replaced on their dime tomorrow.

The tail light and reverse light wiring is now final terminated and routed. I still need to buy the reverse lights similar to the pic I posted above. They detected/burped an air bubble in the cooling system. The trans tunnel hole was TIG welded shut and insulation installed over it. The AC will be charged tomorrow and assuming it holds pressure properly I will pick it up in the afternoon.

A lot of rain forecast for Sat & Sun in SoCal so no pictures until next week after things dry up but they're coming. Looking forward to putting some miles on her soon.

Dan's '55 Big Window "Build" - Well, Kinda!
Dan in Pasadena is offline   Reply With Quote