Thread: Rat repair.
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 01:06 AM   #1342
swamp rat

Re: Rat repair.

The poke in the ribs from Nonhog did me some good....

Cleaned and blasted the hood hinges, got them primed and painted, mounted to the fenders (No pic)

The speaker enclosures were just in primer so I yarded them out and painted them Satin black and prepped them to mount the new speakers, remounted and installed the new Focal speakers

To recap I wired up the old Sherwood amp and the old Alpine speakers and they sounded like crap realized the old system was from the mid 80's and bought new Focal speakers that I posted a while back, I mounted the new Focal 6 X 9's and they still didn't make much of an improvement so I yarded out the old Sherwood amp and got a mid 90's Precision Power amp that I had in my old 95 S10, wired it up and it was an improvement but still not enough to make me smile. I come to the conclusion that that Custom Auto Sound head unit I bought about 4 years ago must be the problem so eventually its going to have to come out and be replaced.

I installed the sill plates today and noted that the lip on the rocker is leaning in a bit so the door seal lays in a bit, I may have to eventually bend them out a little?

Naturally Murphy's law kicked in and my passenger door handle gave up the ghost, I was fortunate enough to have bought a good used set on the parts form so I installed it sans gaskets for the time being

So my goal for the weekend was to get the seat into the truck, didn't happen, I forgot that I need to rig up the seat adjuster and I'll have to clear room out in the garage to move the seat out there to do it
Attached Images

Swamp Rat build thread :
http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=595019

72 3/4T 4X4
4" BDS Lift
33" BFG's
swamp rat is offline   Reply With Quote