View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 09:52 AM   #10
Chaparralman1974

Re: My 1967 Chevy K20 Build Thread

12/31/2022
Today I was able to clean and remove the bed. I was able to lift off the bed using an engine hoist and a 6' section of 4x6 lumber. My little trailer idea worked perfectly! I was also able to use my trailer dolly to move the entire setup to the side yard. The bed will now become a storage space for all of the body components that I take off the truck. The bed bolts were removed very easily which was a big surprise. I also removed the bumper (that was a homemade concoction that had welded components as well. All of the bolts came off easy. Additionally, removal of the front clip started. It was found that the core support is probably beyond salvage. The hood was easy as the hood hinges are totally shot. I began taking off the inner and outer fenders as well. For the most part, all of this is coming apart very easy. The more that I look at the truck, I really think that it may have had a camper in it at some point. There are odd tool boxes cut into the bed, an umbilical connection on the side of the cab, and the bed floor is in amazing condition indicating that something was in the bed for a good chunk of time. Additionally, there are holes in the side of the bed that look like they may have been used as camper tie downs. It also appears that the truck may have had saddle tanks at some point as there is some sort of change over valve under the passenger seat.
Attached Images

Build Thread: https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...d.php?t=841272
Chaparralman1974 is offline   Reply With Quote