View Single Post
Old 02-20-2015, 01:24 AM   #8
dapperlighting

Re: Dapper Lighting - Projector Headlights

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedbucket View Post
I use this website all the time, you guys are great! Just spent $300 on this Chinese crap from Classic industries! Fiitment issues? Use a file on tabs they say... Do not attempt without a 4 1/2 Makita grinder,1/2" hole saw and plenty of patience! im so tired of Chinese "close enough to tolerances" crap. Go to harbor freight and tape some lights to your truck and save money.
Never got them to fit right,one bulb spring broke at first touch, second one lost spring after first fitting. In bulb signal light housing had to be ground off to even start to fit. Bulb wouldn't seat because screw in housing in the way. Would have taken photos but I threw all this crap back in box to take back after 2 hrs of frustration. I've built a lot of cars and this situation gets worse every year with cheaply manufactured parts.
Dapper take some pride in your products!
It's seems like most product lines are going this route.
Rant is over.
P.s. Tried to fit in bone stock original 1972 Blazer headlight buckets.
Whoa whoa whoa. It sounds like there was a manufacturing flaw with this unit. We did switch projector designs at one point which eliminated that screw seating issue. We're constantly making improvements to our products and take pride in providing the only true projector headlamps on the market. We're also in the process of moving production over the USA to further control quality..

The tab issue is one that is hard to control. We have "over-tabbed" units because our lamps fit vehicles from the 50s to current vehicles. Current vehicles have deeper tabs.

Can you contact us? I'd like to speak with you and figure out how to make this right. We're a small company and take pride in making sure customers are satisfied with their purchase (thus the immediate response at 9:30PM). $270 is a lot and you should be happy with your lights.

Please contact me or let me know how we can get a hold of you.

PS: I've also sent over a PM if that's more convenient.

Thanks,

Ben
Dapper Lighting
ben@dapperlighting.com
415-493-8236

Last edited by dapperlighting; 02-20-2015 at 01:38 AM.
dapperlighting is offline   Reply With Quote