View Single Post
Old 03-03-2015, 05:57 AM   #15
Spartan

Re: eBay Cheyenne Super -- Another Fake SPID

Nice truck.

Price...If was going to write a check for 30K+ I know of a 67 firebird convertable in better condition with extensive records for the same price...then again I prefer to restore a vehicle myself so I know no shortcuts were taken and I play with toys as a hobby not investment purposes. To me its not what I want/can buy but turning the wrench and building satisfaction from a project well done so I might be mistaken because of person bias.

It is also my opinion that at that price things such as reflectors/signal lenses should say guide (i.e. GUIDE 68). Some repop parts are not terrible. NOS is nice but sometimes a restored original part can be nicer/better. Also some stuff being called NOS is loosely interpreted.

My question for this truck would be the seat covers. I am new to these trucks so I am making an assumption but the seat covers look off to me. From what I have seen and concluded is two scroll stripes but located more inboard...that being said I dont pay much attention to 71-72 trucks either.

...still a nice truck I would be proud to drive but out not seeing it in person I wouldn't be able to say for sure and not at over 30K unless I knew the guy restoring the vehicle and its complete history.

In any event the saying "buyer beware" didnt come into use because sellers are required to be truthful.

"orange rhymes with door hinge"
Spartan is offline   Reply With Quote