View Single Post
Old 02-26-2016, 12:23 PM   #221
84chevyguyid

Re: 86 chevy crew cab 12 valve swap

Been working on the instrument cluster, got it about ready to install. Got all the wiring done on the engine compartment except for putting the plastic loom on things. Behind the cab I put new terminal ends on the four position connector that the bed harness plugs in to and got the trailer plug in wired up. Just need to go down the frame and fasten all the lines, wiring ect to the frame now that I'm through running things down it and then it should be ready for the bed to go on. Inside the cab I still have half a dozen wires to find a home for then I can finish putting the heater ducts in and install the cluster. I got the transmission harness all hooked up, after something major like that, you just touch the batt cable to the terminal on the battery and cringe, hoping you dont have what might look like an arc welder going on and what a relief it was to see nothing! With the trans, TCM, BCM, TPS, OBDII connector, duramax shifter handle, brake switch, and a few other power feeds and grounds there is 40 wires going into the TCM. Now I need to have my buddy come plug into the OBDII port with his scanner and see if its communicating properly then that part is ready to take to the dealer and get the TCM and BCM flashed. Then I get to purchase an efi live setup and have a guy from Missouri email a tune to me to load in and see if the trans will work. Got the brakes all bled and the power steering and brakes seem to work good. I need to stick a seat in and see if it will idle around the yard, bad part there is we still have a mess from the partially melted snow and I dont want to make a mess of it just yet. lol
Attached Images

84chevyguyid is offline   Reply With Quote