View Single Post
Old 11-17-2018, 06:25 AM   #38
Mike_The_Grad

Re: Blown Head Gasket :(

No I havent. Mostly because I rewired the truck with an American Autowire kit a few years ago. And I checked the sensors reading against a infrared thermometer gun. Plus I use the tried and true "can I grab the hoses after driving it for a while" test. the upper was warmer than the lower. Like I said it ain't getting hot. But the needle moves more than I'm used to. It usually creeps up to the first line of the solid white section on the stock temp gauge. And I'm used to seeing it stay right there. Always. Regardless if I'm driving up a step grade, cruising, stuck at a stop light, or 100° outside. I'm thinking I may have either a vacuum leak, issue with timing at moderate throttle acceleration, may be to lean in secondaries on the 1406 edelbrock, fuel delivery problem with the new replacement mechanical fuel pump( not getting sufficient fuel volume at upper rpm's. Which is where I'm fairly certain might be the reason. I mean I have a stock fuel pump with return line to the stock behind the bench tank, feeding my aftermarket 1406 carb on my aftermarket EPS intake, along with my comp cam kit, recurved HEI distributor, headman headers, and 3" super 40 flow master exhaust. My engine I'd no longer stock. So I may as well need an aftermarket fuel pump.

Instagram: Mike_The_Grad
Mike_The_Grad is offline   Reply With Quote