View Single Post
Old 07-08-2020, 08:40 AM   #681
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

So the COVID Crisis continues.

Meaning I get to work from home for the foreseeable future, which is less fun than you may think, but at least I am employed.

Inbetween meetings etc, I did manage to bake batch no 2 of South African style rusks, the first ones were muesli and really good.

This time I did fruit and aniseed with a bit of muesli tossed in for luck.

Once baked, you let them cool down as a loaf, then cut into strips or blocks and dry at 70-90’C for 4-5 hrs and pack away in tins or plastic storage.

Great alternative to breakfast, snacking or with coffee.

Oh, and not everybody’s thing.

Also got a great parcel from Dikkehemaworst in Amsterdam.

Awesome contents.

And the building went on, sometimes a few blocks at 07.00am or after dinner.

Amazing how a lump hammer can level things out.

Bulkhead light boxes went in.

Power will be from the woodwork shed that has its own independent supply

Previously wall was 4 courses high

Decided to go 5 high as the plants do tend to take over.

Mickey came around to paint the boxes wit some weird pool and pond paint while his brush was wet as he was rebuilding the floor of his fishpond

Once the wall was at full height, I cut a load of wood, white oak, that I had originally planned to use for theChevy C10’s rear bed floor up and screwed it all down on a frame, to be felted once completed.

One strip left to add.

Mickey straight up on top as he weighs about as much as a packet of Doritos.

Adding a small facia on the garden side to close it all in a bit more to keep birds from nesting in there.

Once Mickey went home for dinner, I carried on and felted the roof, plus added an end strip to it all.

Have to say, it has become a bigger job than planned, but I am pretty pleased with all the added bits.

It should work well in the long term.

Grizz1963 is offline   Reply With Quote