View Single Post
Old 12-18-2008, 12:39 AM   #356
Alan's Classic
1 thing at a time is progress.

Re: My 1965 build thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonzcustomshop View Post
I remember seeing a thread like this where the sway bar would not reach the frame on a guys truck, he was having all sorts of problems...
un fortunatly I don't emember what it was called.

will the mount position change with the wieght of the motor, caba nd sheet metal?
I wondered that as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TR65 View Post
Hey Alan,

I just bought front and rear sways from Brothers that are ADDCO's as well. The front is ADDCO #117 (63-87 C10) and the bar bolts directly to the frame without the offset brackets?? I haven't mounted it yet but I am a bit concerned based on your trouble and the different design.

CPP has a technical article for mounting sway bars that doesn't say anything about removing rivets.
http://www.classicperform.com/tech_a...ar/SwayBar.htm

By the way. Brothers uses a Helwig number for their sway bars to trick you into thinking you were going to get a Helwig bar I suppose.

Your thread is very interesting and helpful as you have heard at least 100 times by now.

TR
TR- Thanks for the info. I wish they would have shipped these instructions with the sway bar instead of a copy of an article from a truckin magazine. The pics I took of the instructions is part of that article. When I called CPP last week about the hardware they said they get them from ADDCO. I did a google search of the number that you provided and it looks nothing like the one I have. My PN on mine is CP7423-BLACK. I emailed the tech center at CPP tonight. Of coarse CPP customer service never replied to my other email or sent me an email about the possible grade 5 hardware in the sway bar kit. When I called he said he would check into it and email me what he finds out. I really don't expect a response from tonights email, but they might surprize me. I used to be really happy with CPP's service, but here lately I will think twice before ordering again. The product (minus instructions) is not the issue it's service.

Thanks for the compliment. I'm glad this thread is helpful to some. If I can just help people not make the mistakes I make, I can see that being very helpful.
Alan's Classic is offline   Reply With Quote