Thread: Hot Food
View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 08:05 AM   #56
special-K
Special Order

Re: Hot Food

When we had Gearhead Gourmet (pronounce the 't') I started a thread, "Hot Sauce Swap", with the idea we swap local sauces among ourselves. You send me one and I send you one. It never went anywhere, but I did make a swap for some Scott's Sauce with a member from NC. Mmmm Good!

Also, maybe from GG (see above), for some reason I sent a member in CA a box with local apple cider and other good from McCutcheons. I think we were just talking about cider or some other food and I asked for his address to surprise him.

I think it's time to try the sauce swap again.

I went all day yesterday without hot sauce. It can be done! I ate my chicken fajitas sauceless. Of course, I always put extra shakes of Cayenne and chili powder. I also use this Chili Lime seasoning added in. But the food doesn't come off as spicy hot, just spicy. Spicy = Flavor. There is spicy and there is hot & spicy. I'm glad my gut likes all this stuff. For all those who can't understand how people can enjoy hot sauces, it's real simple. We are all different. Maybe you've heard the saying, "We all have different tastes". This is where the literal meaning of that comes from. I am not a picky eater at all. Not much I won't eat

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote