View Single Post
Old 06-17-2020, 05:36 PM   #181
joedoh

Re: Project "Bickle" 1948 1/2 ton 4.3 4l60e

cant put the column in without painting the dash. regular followers will remember that I always seem to paint dashes TWICE, once where it solvent cracks or runs like a doctors signature, and then again after sanding it all off. determined to change that I took extra steps to ensure a nice finish the FIRST time. I washed it with degreaser first, scrubbing in case there was oil ir penetrant left from dismantling. I wiped it with acetone after that, then used a new wire brush cup in my grinder. another wipe with acetone, waited an hour and sprayed.

came out nice, just a little fluff in the finish from the wind today. I may or may not wet sand and buff after the paint really cures, it isnt that noticeable. the color is an exact match to that chevelle wheel too.

I dont really care for pewters, but it is a great color. its a little thin, maybe thats a metallic thing but I am pleased that there are no sanding scratches in the finish. the repair of the fan holes is invisible, no filler needed.

I painted the pedal bracket and hardware, I painted the dash mount half pewter (champaaaagne miiiiiist) because you will see that part and didnt want it flat black.

theeeeres the run I always get, thankfully on the pedal bracket and not the dash this time.

more in next
Attached Images

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote