View Single Post
Old 03-09-2022, 11:49 AM   #1463
SCOTI

Re: How about some pics of 88-98 Part II

Quote:
Originally Posted by special-K View Post
Got it all covered and in balance with the yin yang.

I'll show pictures of my Suburban with it's new boots in a week or so. I'll have the second pair of wheels repainted by next week, the tires will also arrive next week, and so will the valve stems. I also got new shocks to put on while I'm at it. Not that the pictures will show that. I decided I liked the white wheels more than charcoal, since I've been running the wheel/tire set off my '72.

Did I show these pictures from fall in this thread yet? These are 8" wheels (and they rub). I repainted the 7" Accurides which don't rub, same size tire (285/75-16). The new tires will be BFG A/Ts.

I took these last Summer
Bigger difference than I expected going from the black wheels to white.

I painted mine black out of the gate & was happy. After pulling the caps off for the brake service & subsequent ABS related issues, I've been rolling around for several weeks w/them off & it had me considering a change to my standard dull-aluminum/silver before the caps go back on.

Seeing your color shift result has me leaning toward the change.
Attached Images

99CCSWB Driver
All Fleetsides
@rattlecankustoms in IG

Building a small, high rpm engine with the perfect bore, stroke and rod ratio is very impressive.
It's like a highly skilled Morrocan sword fighter with a Damascus Steel Scimitar.....

Cubic inches is like Indiana Jones with a cheap pistol.

Last edited by SCOTI; 03-09-2022 at 12:11 PM.
SCOTI is offline   Reply With Quote