View Single Post
Old 06-30-2016, 07:25 PM   #715
Stepside Man

Re: Post Your Straight Six Pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6cylinderstepside View Post
Here's a few pics of my 250 in my '71 with a '79 Stepside bed...

1- Standing next to the engine bolting up the transmission. Just another cool benefit!

2- The completed engine with P/S and AC

3- Does anyone else have a spare valve cover with the top cut out of it for setting the valves with no oil splatter?

4- My new project is a '79 stepside with this integrated head six that runs really solid also with P/S and AC. Since the brackets are different for those rare items from the conventional head, I am going to run the integrated heads... I am going to swap the Saginaw three speed for the TH 350 next.

Question... Do you have to use that multilevel integrated head valve cover? I hate the way it looks. Can I use one of those tiny air cleaners and a classic 250 valve cover or are they different?
On point #3. I would not use that method. You can buy plastic oil stoppers that clip onto the rocker arms. I have bee using these for years and you get no mess. You also get better access to the valve assemble and you are not fighting the cut opening. The clips are not expensive and will also fit small block Chevy rockers as well.
1986 K35 Not a dually 350; 79 K20 Stripped
1973 and 1976 Chevy Truck Trailers
1995 Impala SS LT1
Stepside Man is offline   Reply With Quote