View Single Post
Old 02-14-2011, 02:06 AM   #101
Bugeyev8

Re: My 1962 C10 Build Thread "Grandpa's Truck "

Thanks Captainfab !!

I used saran wrap plastic wrap tacked to the wood with staples first, the glass will not stick to the plastic wrap, then the cotton material and then the resin and fiberglass mat, three layers of mat, I did two layers and then knocked it to shape woth 36 grit om my DA, then the last layer laid out smooth, I used blocks between the two plywood pieces.. loose not screwed down, I screwed 4 screws into just the two pieces of plywood so the parts would seperate after everything was dried and so I could get to the screws and not hit them with the jig saw, then used a template I made to cut the hole for the fan from the top side, I trimmed it while in the form and it popped right out, If I had it to do again..I would leave it on the form a little longer because it pulled in , along the middle of the wide edges, but I am not going to make another one, I used those threaded inserts 10/32 used for furnitiure to mount the fan to the ring of plywood, I guess I could have used aluminum and glassed it into the part but..I think the wood will be ok
Bugeyev8 is offline   Reply With Quote