View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 11:52 AM   #87
4mulaSvaliant

Re: 64 "Large Marge" LWB-SWB / Build thread.

SO as day light begins to shorten as fall approaches, it got me to thinking about the commute I have. During the winter months, like many of you, its dark both when I head to work as well as the drive home. All that said, I want to address my old factory head light set up.

A little bit of searching on the site of course turned up great info and I have already ordered the components needed. Hopefully I can have this relay and H4 upgrade done in the coming weeks.
Ill be sure to document it well when it happens for any of you that may be reading this.

I picked up good quality items because yet again this ol truck is DAILY DRIVEN and I need it reliable!

Bosch relays and Hella H4 lens are whats in the mail!

Aside from that, I think it would be a wise idea to do a little "winter forethought", and I should probably also address the heater box and its air tightness. I know last winter I threw it all together and it functions just fine, but it has been disassembled so many times that the seals are all gone.

Ill have to address this with some foam tape and a bit of time as well.

I am thinking it may not be a bad idea to maybe strip all of the seam sealer out of the roof, clean and treat the current heavy surface rust, open the drain holes from years of paint, and reseal all of the drip rail. Primarily just to prevent even more rust up there.

If you're following along, I hope to get to these in the next few weeks.

Last edited by 4mulaSvaliant; 09-10-2015 at 11:58 AM.
4mulaSvaliant is offline   Reply With Quote