View Single Post
Old 03-26-2016, 08:54 PM   #18
badherb

Re: long and hopefully good thread

Where we see the beginning of a the next step in my rusty panel repair. My rocker sucked and the floor sucks and the corners on each side suck, so here we go.I practiced with my spot weld cutter a great deal even though I will not really need it. I just wanted to see how it works. the phrase slow and easy is an understatement. take your time with these things you'll break them they will walk and will mess up stuff fun little tool if I ever need them again I have two and I now know how to use them if I need to repair a panel that need just the cutter.
As for removal of the panels a air chisel works great you can cut sheet metal no problem and you can F@#$ up any thing with them. so be careful. I didn't have to as you can see I will be removing most of the floor.
I wont take this any further until I have my panels in hand so I didn't mess up anything beyond the panels I have. I cleaned up my welding areas and go the rust off the things that will stay behind. I plan on getting a sealers that can be sprayed so my rockers and floor never see this problem again.
Attached Images