Thread: Covid
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2020, 12:30 PM   #4
rpmerf

Re: Covid

MD here. I think we are doing better than most places, but still there has been a LARGE uptick since September. End of September / early October, we were seeing around 700 cases a day. We even had at least one day in early October with no Covid deaths (confirmed or suspected) for the first time since March. Since then it has been climbing like crazy. Past 24 hours: 3700 positive tests and 24 confirmed deaths.

https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/

Going out is pretty much like normal except that everyone is wearing a mask. We've really been avoiding going out aside from hiking, going to my parent's house, and necessary shopping (food, parts store, or home improvement store). Most stuff we just get online.

I've been to a restaurant maybe 5 times since March. All but one of those times was outside. I went inside a restaurant for the first time on Wednesday. My Aunt was accepted into Arlington, and some of us got together afterwards. I was really surprised to see a bar area that looked pretty packed. When you are sitting, you don't need to wear a mask. We stayed in the restaurant section far away from the bar area...

Back in January, me, my wife, daughter, and parents went to Disney World. We are pretty sure we caught Corona while we were there. We were so sick, we skipped our last park day ($200+ down the drain). My father got an antibody test, and it turned up negative. That was in June, and the tests are only accurate for 2-3 months from when you had the virus.

"Wear the damn mask!" - Governor Hogan
1987 Dodge Daytona Shelby Z