View Single Post
Old 09-27-2019, 09:12 PM   #60
davischevy

Re: C10s In the Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by jocko View Post
I took a couple. Great event. I think for the first time, it's fair to say it's evolved to a squarebody-heavy thing (not a bad thing, just an observation), which works for me because I like all the eras Also, seems LS swaps are more common than original engines (again, not a bad thing, just an observation ) I mean they were in everything. Majority of the trucks are lowered. I didn't see quite as many restos as I'm used to seeing at these events. Lots of folks, good weather, and tons of trucks, a great even if you ever get the chance to go. I think the C10 Nationals are going to be held at TX Motor Speedway the weekend of the

Sadly, relatively few 3/4 tonners

Met member Ron that owns the gorgeous 72 K10 in light yellow/white with the olive interior - but must've gotten to talking so much I forgot to take a picture! Nice to meet you Ron! I did some btw - meant to get back to you on this - NO scrollwork on stock custom cloth seat covers I had to double check.

Here are the pics I took, my favorite trucks of the whole show were Ron's 72 K10, the 71 GMC Longhorn (pictured in blue and white), the 76 Spirit of 76 K10, a true time capsule - and the GMC mod bod (I think it was the "impact" graphics). GREAT colors and a cool time capsule also.
Thanks Jocko, the Longhorn is mine and the two Blazers behind it belonged to my son in laws. I had the whole family there. We parked there so the grandsons could play in that playground.

There were definitely a lot of nice square bodies and LS engines there. It was a great show, I regret I didn't meet you guys.

BTW, I drove the Longhorn with the AC running all the way and it got 12 MPG running 65-70 mph.

Build thread, Arkansas K10
https://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/...=755797&page=5

The ability to speak several languages is an asset, but the ability to keep your mouth shut in any language is priceless.
davischevy is online now   Reply With Quote