View Single Post
Old 10-27-2005, 04:50 PM   #13
see ten
WTB this ad

Re: Sears appliances

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsub86
The problem is that nothing much is made in north america anymore. It's all offshore junk. It is cheaper than it used to be but only because it is not well made. The one thing I will say for Sears is that they do stand behind their stuff reasonably well. A lot of the smaller places are not as helpful when problems arise.
I have been employed by Roper Corporation in Lafayette Georgia for almost 13 years. We are owned by GE and make their ranges wall ovens and counter units. We do NOT make an appliance that says "Roper" they are made by Whirlpool. I work in a building that covers 27 acres and employs right about 2,000 people. There are over 5,000 units that leave this building per day. We are the largest manufacturer of ranges in the WORLD! Years ago Sears was our bread and butter. Things have changed! We have branched out and are selling to Lowes, Home Depot and Best Buy. I am not real sure how much if any of our product goes to Sears these days. Kenmore does not manufacture appliances they are made by other companies that put the Kenmore badge on them. The units we build are repeatedly top ranked by Consumer Reports. So long story short!
Yes you can buy an appliance made in the USA.
No Sears is not what it used to be.
Consumer Reports is an excellent source for unbiased information.
see ten is offline   Reply With Quote