Thread: TH400 leak
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2020, 04:09 PM   #1
70STOVEBOLT

TH400 leak

I know this has been beat to death. I have a cast aluminum pan and I have tried a rubber gasket and a Fel-Pro fiber gasket, to no avail. The transmission is a fresh rebuild that I did myself, replaced all bushings, seals, o-rings during the rebuild. It is NOT coming from the speedo gear housing, kickdown connector, shift shaft, modulator, dipstick or cooler lines, or pump or front seal, I have verified this. I have torqued the bolts to factory spec. Before the rebuild the stock pan leaked, the flange was pretty wavy, so I put a chrome pan on it with the Farpak gasket that the kit came with, and it leaked right away, so I put the aluminum pan on and used the rubber gasket that came with it. Leaked almost immediately. After the last gasket that I tried, which is the Fel-Pro, I have leaks and I haven't even filled it with fluid yet! I can see it running down from around the bolts, which are the socket head type and have a flat washer and a lock washer on each of them. Anyone with this same experience that has come up with a solution?

Owner installed options:
Front Sway Bar
Power Steering
Power Brakes
Cigar Lighter
Courtesy Lights
Deluxe Side Markers
Wiper Delay
Power windows
Power Locks
Sniper EFI

2015 Silverado 1500 LS 4.3/6L80/3.23 lowered 2" front & rear