View Single Post
Old 02-13-2017, 05:03 PM   #112
joedoh

Re: 1941 project fenix

seats were supposed to be done friday, no calls yet.

still a little wobbly but this thing is not going to put itself together. mounted up the pedal bracket with some self tapping screws so I can start laying out the column and associated parts.

the column is round but the shifter arm makes it more complicated than just a round hole, so I cut one side to allow me to bend it slightly to let the shift arm through for install

I have seen other guys use this s10 bracket and I always feel it is mounted too low and too far "out" of the dash. I slotted the mounts to give an extra inch, I can slot the column mounting bracket (the removable piece on the column itself) another inch where it bolts on if needed.

perf. although that brake booster hole, haha, jeeze I can be a real moron sometimes. I drilled the steering column hole and thought "I can just drill the booster hole while I am here". yeah, turns out it doesnt sit centered in the brackets like the later trucks. sheesh.

stickout is good, remember that I am moving the cab back another 1 3/4" for its final position, but it would work right here too.

I will be able to use a combination of the factory s10 column support and the factory 41 column support to stiffen up the mount reeeeally nicely.

fits well, I will pop the dash in to be sure but I dont think I need to move it "in" any further, the shifter may hit the dash any closer.

if there is a problem, I can have it.

new project WAYNE http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=844393
joedoh is offline   Reply With Quote