View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 11:26 AM   #56
66-PMD-GMC
The 60-66 GMC/Pontiac guy....

Re: Crewsin in my 63 GMC Crew Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by likaroc13 View Post
.....i have no idea on the specifics of how much it costs to 100% restore something like this today, but I know it ain't cheap...even if you do much of the work yourself....but it's something so unique that I'd almost always be willing to give it a go rather than buy some of the new things rolling off the line today...it's just too bad my wallet isn't that deep
Here is the thing that concerns me about today's restoration prices... Greed and uninformed builders...
I replaced the entire floor, rockers (inner and outer) and cab corners in a truck for a guy took the cab to have it media blasted and sealed it in and out for less than 10% of your 20K budget.
I understand that much of a crewcab floor structure needs to be fabricated. After all, crewcabs were not factory built anyway so it should be expected. The cost of quality paint is outrageous now so I understand.
My best friends 66 gto came to over $30K when all was said and done and that was a rotisserie build, frame off, no expense spared.
My advice would be to have the structural completed on the cab and tackle the chassis and drive train yourself. It is easy enough that a kid could do it...
These trucks are 100% easier than doing a frame off car project IMHO..

Building Genuine Pontiac Firepowered cars and trucks for several decades.

Why Pontiac?? That's just me daring to be different.

Projects..

63 C10 Short Wheel Base fleetside (The Pro-Street) currently under reconstruction.
440CID 2X4 Pontiac
66-PMD-GMC is offline   Reply With Quote