Thread: The Pig Rig!
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2019, 01:36 AM   #32
ericjon262

Re: The Pig Rig!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Offroad Design View Post
Looking great!
Thanks, I got a box from you guys the other day! I can't wait for the crossover steer kit to get here!

I was going to press in new U joints into my front axle shafts. either I did something very wrong, or that one is stuck good... thankfully I have spare shafts from the axle in the truck, and the axle I picked up a few months ago.

on the subject of U joints, I got the new steering shaft in, it's mostly installed, but will need to be compressed to fit.

New exhaust is reman parts from walker, all look pretty nice, and almost exact bolt on. the tailpipe is missing a hanger bracket though... oh well, I'll get the welder out and fix it in no time flat.

the first of the performance oriented parts arrived, this is a rear shackle flip bracket, from Off road Design. hopefully I'll have a big box on the porch when I get home Tuesday that I can play with.

I bent up some nice stainless trans cooler lines, just to find that my routing plan wouldn't work... DOH. so instead, I ran some -6 hose from the trans to the radiator. I used some russell's adapters to go from the 5/16" inverted flare, to -6 AN.

and the big news, the engine is back in the truck!

I'm almost ready for the first firing, all I have left for a test run to set timing, is to terminate the plug wires, put the exhaust on, add oil, and a battery.

Hopefully, Tuesday afternoon I can get the bulk of the work required to start the engine done, and maybe fire it up Tuesday afternoon/night.

My trucks don't leak oil, they mark their territory.
ericjon262 is offline   Reply With Quote