View Single Post
Old 02-17-2020, 04:05 AM   #579
Grizz1963

Re: GRIZZ’s ‘79 - 2WD BLAZER Challenge over in London, England. “~It’s not a Project

Three months into Galaxy ownership it continues to do lots of little and bigger, dirty jobs.

Friday was of course Valentine’s Day.

Got home from work to find the recycling bags and wheelie bin was put away......

Nice girl, Sally, I thought.

Got indoors and saw this in the lounge.

Nice girl, Sally, I thought.

Took a pic and sent her a thank you, she would be over later.

Her reply?//

A cropped pic, showing the keys on top of the chocolates

My lodger moved out after two weeks notice.........

That would be it then.

Sally got a card, chocolate and four packs of muesli bars for work, oh, and I cooked dinner.

I got a card, and a cross stitched piece of embroidery.

This weekend was kind of significant, but Storm Dennis kept it wet and windy of course.

We met on the 16th February last year when she visited me on my driveway where I was cutting up pallets.

She brought cookies.

Working as a carer in the community her hair tied back etc, this was not a glamorous life, but she has turned out to be a real gem.

With Bear, her then dog.

So Saturday I started to cut up more of the branches from the plum tree, till the wheelie bin was full, and the rain came in hard.

I also unpacked a bicycle from the trailer a mate gave me last year.
I bought it in about 1998 as an insurance replacement.

It does need a new home though.

Random smile, sent by a friend in South Africa.

Back to the Galaxy.

I had not yet fitted the rear view mirrors I bought from @Mercdan yet, as dismantling the door in cold weather seemed a guaranteed recipe for snapped clips and plastics.
But last weekends storm managed to break off the passenger side mirror from its household silicone based perch.

So on Saturday morning early, I cleaned it all, and refitted it using a massive blob of said bathroom sealant and dictate to keep it in position while drying

Possibly the worst bodge repair of my life, but it held on a 10 mile trip yesterday and ultimately will get removed and thrown away when fitting the replacement unit.

Randomly seen in Catford.

One up on graffiti

Storm Dennis really battered us Saturday and Sunday with a lot of surface water about.

But at least we got a nice sunrise.

Sunday was a wet day mostly.

But I got one payback job done.
Grizz1963 is online now   Reply With Quote