View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 01:13 PM   #1217
andyh1956

Re: Nostalgia - Pics in Time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oem4me View Post
Yes, great color combo!. GM ad people knew it would look great against the fancy mahogany cruisers (big boats) of the day. Nowadays, those boats are a tough sell. So elegant, yet so demanding for maintenance. Quite a bargain on the style points per dollar scale though. Love those wooden beauties!
Man the memories! In the early 60s my grand dad had a big 52 footer Cris-Craft, Teak & Mahogany. Two 430 Lincoln engines. It was kept at Go Day Marina in Guntersville Alabama. We used to get in those boats & three or four boat loads would go up the Tennessee river every summer around to the north side of Chattanooga to a place called Loret Villa & spend a week. There were Jukes all up & down the river, big dance floors & live bands & Bar B Q!
My Aunt like to have had a heart attack when it cost $70 to fill that boat up with gas!
Here's a photo of Loret from late 50's early 60's.
In the photo we used to dock on the long pier in the background where the large white boat is docked. Caught many fish offa that pier! At the end of the pier in the foreground was an island that I used to go over to & chase the ducks!
Thanks for letting me ramble!

Was a much different world back then...
andyh1956 is offline   Reply With Quote