View Single Post
Old 08-20-2013, 09:42 AM   #81
Cheeseman

Re: Project "Home Wrecker"

Finally the day has come that we are putting the sheet metal on this thing! The rollback was right on time yesterday and they wasted no time getting things secured and off to the body shop. I showed up right as they had rolled the truck into the body shop and no time was wasted. I barely had time to get these pics! We had the cab mounts set in place and the cab installed in about 30 minutes. I had overlooked the obvious when getting the new door rubbers and forgot the weather strip adhesive...so that delayed getting the doors mounted up and fit correctly. The shop ended up ordering some adhesive in black just in case there was any that showed, we did not want that mustard yellow showing. The doors should be installed today and they are going to deliver it back to my shop later today as well, and then pick up my front clip items and start on them. The pics are poor quality cell phone pics, but you will get the just of it. The color is black with the matte clear on it. Lots of body shop dust on ity so it gives the illusion of waves and dents, but rest assured it is nice and smooth Hope to have pics of it at home tonight with the doors on it. I am also about convinced to do the brothers 1 piece windows in this as well...jury is still out.

Cheese "Back in Black" Man