View Single Post
Old 11-29-2016, 09:50 PM   #931
David67

Re: Project: 1967 C10 Small Window

Quote:
Originally Posted by GR8-68 View Post
Sorry to see the aftermath but glad to see you are getting her back into shape, awesome progress so far

As far as the tool, I do not have a clue but I am sure it will make sense after you tell us
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsanborn View Post
holding carriage bolts?
Close...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroman View Post
David, I just revisited your build thread to show a buddy at work your truck, and saw your situation.

Sorry to hear about the accident, but am glad you are OK.

Trucks can be rebuilt.

I like the the way you approach your build on the truck.

I think I told you before that your build was an inspiration for me to start my build on my 70 short step. I am not street legal yet, but getting close.

Here's a quick pic.

I'll be sure to check back to see your progress.
Nice! Glad my truck could be an inspiration. That thing is awesome and I see you're in Houston. Maybe we will cross paths someday. I'm considering a white roof/grille this time around but I'll likely keep it as is.

Well here you go. I tried to use an open end wrench with a cheater bar and it started to deform the plug...so I thought I would stand a better chance if the cap was completely boxed. I didn't have an 8 pointed socket in the right size. Drilled a hole and filed it into the exact shape... a lot of work for something I'll never use again but it worked perfectly.

I also removed the bushings and sleeves from the trailing arms and they are ready for powdercoat. That was a pain. Tomorrow I will remove the yoke and pinion from the housing and it should also be ready for powder. I should have the control arms back this week.
Attached Images

Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of 2015

IG: david_r67

Last edited by David67; 11-29-2016 at 10:05 PM.
David67 is offline   Reply With Quote