View Single Post
Old 12-30-2017, 11:59 AM   #2246
Vic1947

Re: Crusty Rusty Leaky Squeaky 67 Step

Thanks everyone for the Christmas wishes and especially for following along! My wife, Kathy, reminded me that in January, it will be five years since we drove CRLS home in the freezing cold. And even though we're in the deep freezer again, the heater in the workshop is going full blast and I'm shuffling toward the finish line.

I know what you mean, Chip, about the bumper dealio. When I started hacking the fenders and and the bumper with the Sawsall and the grinder, I wasn't exactly sure how it would all end. But the metal spirits must have pushed me in the right direction. Now as you mentioned awhile back, hopefully no one backs into me at Home Depot.

I've spent the last day and a half making a support bracket for the intake tube out of Delrin and aluminum plate. I had to go pick up the tube from the painter as he never got around to squirting it. Need to re-prep it and get it done, but it's too cold right now to spray anything.

Happy New Year to each and every one of my truck buddies!! Hope all of you have great success with your builds and on the home front in the coming months.
Attached Images

Maybelline - my '57 Ford 2dr Sedan "Mecum'd" 3/2016 Location unknown
Silver Streaker "Mecum'd" 4/2013 Somewhere in Texas
Vic1947 is offline   Reply With Quote