View Single Post
Old 02-25-2020, 02:37 PM   #4
argonaut

Re: How effective is Vintage Air in the Blazer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse B. View Post
I have a Vintage Air in my 1969. My opinion is that both the heat function and the A/C function are acceptable for my uses, but they are not overwhelming effective. I'll give you some examples. I live in the Central Valley of California, so it does not get too cold, and I do not need a lot of heat, but on mornings when it is about 32* I could use more heat in the cab. On 110* days the A/C system is not enough to keep up. By that I mean I have to be wearing shorts and a t-shirt to stay comfortable in the cab. It is better than nothing, that is for sure. It is significantly cooler on the inside than outside, but you will not get it down to 65*-70* on the inside. On 100* degree days, it is just enough. If your avatar is correct, and you live in Long Beach, CA, I think you would be happy with the system. I do not think you get a lot of snow on the beach. : )
Jesse,
Thanks for the input. Long Beach isn't too bad. But I do travel around the southwest and as you mentioned it'll see 100+ days in the summer in the inland valleys, as well at 32 or below up in the mountains in the winter. So I want to make sure the system can keep up. And I certainly don't want to go backwards and give up good heater functionality.

I was out wheeling at in the local mountains in the middle of the night a couple months back. It was probably around 40F out and the heater wasn't overwhelmingly hot. I think i need to better seal up the system and maybe insulate the floors, doors and bed sides.

1972 K5 Blazer CST, Turquoise
1966 K20 Short Fleet Pickup, Big Ugly
1964 C10 Short Fleet, Gertrude

2001 Porsche 911 Carrera
1996 Ford Bronco XLT
1980 Jeep Wagoneer

2008 Honda CBR1000RR
2005 Honda RC51
1981 Honda CB750C

No dis-assemble Johnny Five! No dis-assemble!
argonaut is offline   Reply With Quote