View Single Post
Old 02-06-2020, 10:43 AM   #127
71'tahoe

Re: 1967 C-50 Dump truck Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaHD View Post
That's correct, I've seen the same casting numbers for the hydrobooster in all those that you mentioned,#2772114. Theres about 5 different casting numbers that I've found. The differences seem to be with the master cylinder and backup pump. I'll get my wife's laptop and get all this info in one thread but here is an excerpt about flow rate from the Bosch manual:

"The booster is designed to perform in a flow range of 3.2 to 5.0 gpm. Flow rate through the
booster can impact vehicle stopping distance; therefore, the vehicle manufacturer must determine
the required minimum flow rate. Flow rates below 3.2 gpm can cause slower response times when
the booster is applied. Flow rates higher than 5.0 gpm may contribute to the booster self-applying,
which will cause brake drag or fluid overheating.
The fluid power source must be capable of supplying 1,000 psi to the booster plus any additional
pressure required by other devices in the system such as a power steering gear.
If a power steering gear is used, the steering gear must be "balanced" so that it can handle the
pressures generated in the steering gear return line. It must also have an internal relief valve
setting lower than the pump relief to allow the steering gear to relieve before the hydraulic pump
does. It must also have an internal by-pass to allow manual steering during booster backup system
operation. The manufacturer must adhere to the flow path illustrated in Figure 2.
Alex,
Again thanks for being a big contributor to this build! I'm gleaning as much information as I can from your knowledge!
71'tahoe is offline   Reply With Quote