View Single Post
Old 04-03-2014, 03:13 PM   #118
brimc

Re: 86 Silverado K20 12V CUMMINS Build

So I have the old chevy pedal and the old 1st gen pedal.

I cut off the old spring holder on the chevy and the hydro rod on the 1st gen pedals

Started setting things into place. Got the gromet seated and lighty supported by a bunge cord.

Then temporary locked on the support bracket.

Then kinda set things into place by eye with clamps and small piece of angle.

I want to weld or bolt the support bracket solid to the stock chev pedal assy. If you look hard you can see a very small cut piece I slipped in there just to see how it would line everything up.

The linkage looks like it will move straight and not bind. I have it c clamped for now and I can rotate to create different angles before I weld it solid to the pedal. I want to make the bracket solid first so I can make actual strokes with the pedal/c clamp.

So I am looking for some feedback on this. Will this work? Any pros or cons I am missing?

Two things I am not sure about yet is hard stop to limit the travel of the pedal before the floor and what about spring return now that I cut of the original spring holder on the stock pedal?
Looking forward to some help on this one.

1986 Chevrolet K20 Silverado 12 Valve CUMMINS P Pumped Intercooled/Getrag360/Divorced NP205/10B/14BFF Detroit Locker - DD Canadian Winter Beater.

My Chevrolet CUMMINS Build http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=585509
brimc is offline   Reply With Quote